TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Customer has hired Team USA Moving as a moving coordinator / shipper agent and not to handle or otherwise participate in a move. In acting as a shipper agent only, Team USA Moving is not responsible for any acts or omissions of the carrier or its employees or agents. Customer must pursue the carrier for all claims for property damage and personal injury or death, including without limitation, any claims for damage to property, lost or stolen goods, delayed pickup or delivery, actions of estimators, drivers, packers or movers, or other types of claims. The carriers’ maximum liability is limited to the lesser of the following: (a) The amount of the actual loss or damage, (b) An amount equal to $0.60 multiplied by the actual weight (in pounds) of the lost or damaged; or (c) a lump sum declared value.
2. If customer requests Full Value Protection Insurance, Team USA Moving will add the cost to the estimate/order for service but is the responsibility of the customer to finalize the arrangement and payment of the said coverage with Baker International Insurance Agency at 972-315-3601 or an insurance provider of the customer’s choice.
3. Customer will be subject to all applicable laws and the general terms and conditions of the carrier, which shall include, without limitation, a requirement that Customer may not receive possession of it’s goods until all charges are paid in full.
4. Customer acknowledges that the cost of the move contained in this contract is an estimate only, and that the carrier shall determine the actual cost after the truck is weighed. Customer agrees to pay Team USA Moving the total charges for moving services contracted for herein. Customer understands that the deposit(s)/fee(s) represent only a portion of the total estimated moving charges, and that the deposit(s)/fee(s) are only refundable if, at least 5 business days prior to the pack or load date (whichever applies) listed on the estimate/order for service. Team USA Moving (1) receives written notice at it’s address listed on the estimate/order for service via certified mail, return receipt requested, and (2) Notification by telephone at 800-759-3044 of Customers intent to cancel this contract, and (3) the issuance of a cancellation number to customer. All credit card refunds are processed for your next billing statement. There is an $89.00 cancellation processing fee. I am aware that failure to comply with this cancellation and refund policy shall result in the forfeiture of the entire deposit(s)/fee(s) paid.
5. If Customer elects a “not to exceed cost” price, then the total cost will not exceed the estimated amount; provided, however, that customer provides Team USA Moving with an accurate description of the items to be moved and the services to be performed. If any additional pieces, weight or services are in addition to those quoted, then Customer shall be charged for these services at Team USA Moving’s standard rates. If Customer’s items, weight, or services are less than the estimated amount, then Customer shall pay for the actual costs associated with these items rather than the estimate.
6. The provisions of this contract, including the terms and conditions contained herein, represents the entire understanding and agreement between Team USA Moving and Customer with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all other negotiations, understandings, and representations (if any) made by and between such parties, including any representations made by an estimator. In the event of any conflict between the terms of any estimate and the bill of lading, the terms of the bill of lading shall control. This contract may not be amended, supplemented or waived orally, but only by writing signed by Team USA Moving, customer, and making specific reference to this contract.
7. Customer may not assign its rights or obligations under this contract without the prior written consent of Team USA Moving.
8. All of the terms and provisions of this contract, whether so expressed or not, shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the parties and their respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, heirs, successors and permitted assigns.
9. Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless Team USA Moving and it’s shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, liabilities, proceedings, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including all reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating directly or indirectly from any breech of this agreement by customer.
10. Nothing in this contract, whether expressed or implied, is intended to confer any rights or remedies on any person other than the parties hereto and their respective legal representatives, heirs and permitted assigns, nor is anything in this contract intended to relieve or discharge the obligation or liability of any third person to any party to this contract, nor shall any provision give any third person any right of subrogation or action over or against any party to this contract.
11. This contract shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of Florida without regard to principals of conflicts of law. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be brought in the courts of record of the State of Florida in Broward County or the court of the United States, Southern District of Florida in Broward County. If any party does not have a registered agent to accept service of process in Florida, then such party agrees to accept service of process by U.S. Mail.
12. In the event of any controversy arising under or relating to the interpretation or implementation of this contract or any breach thereof, Team USA Moving shall be entitled to recover all of it’s court costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees (including, without limitation, all pretrial, trial and appellate proceedings), in addition to any other relief to which it may be entitled.
13. All pickup, load and/or delivery dates are only estimates. Team USA Moving will not be responsible for loss or damages incurred by unavoidable delay. There are absolutely no guarantees made, expressed or implied regarding pack, load, and/or delivery dates.
14. Your move balance may be paid by MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Certified Check, Cashiers Check, or Money Order, upon delivery of your belonging(s) at your destination address unless specified by the carrier otherwise. The carrier will determine your form of payment.
15. Time of service. Team USA has been contracted as your moving coordinator. Our services as contracted begin within 24 hours of receiving payment and a signed contract. Services contracted constitute delivery of a licensed insured professional moving company trucks on, before or after your estimated move dates as set in your estimate/order for service.